Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Sweet Score

So my kitchen is pretty much finished, short of a little touch up paint and a trip to Homegoods to look for some accessories for my new shelf. I still do not care for my cabinets, but they are what came with the house and I'd rather have them then the job it would require to afford new ones. I do however love having a place to keep my collection of cookbooks (26 at last count, not all pictured).


Well after what seemed like days of cleaning and dusting the house I was in need of a little retail therapy. Plus my cats really appreciated it that I went out to get them some food (if only they would eat cupcakes). So I headed to Target; upon entering I was drawn the the "dollar spot" in the same way I can only imagine a crackhead is drawn to crack. I'm serious, my pulse started to quicken, I shushed my child so that I could concentrate and "take it all in". The separate bins all full of cheap non-essential items, in their cute packaging were just screaming out "BUY ME, BUY ME". If you're a teacher picture a classroom full of kids all waving their hand in the air bouncing in their chairs practically screaming at you "oh, oh, pick me, pick me" that's what's it was like for me. On this particular day I hit the jackpot. As I walked through I caught a glimpse of a cupcake and it was over (I'm now like a crackhead with a stash)! Foot lotions and scrubs, glittery body lotion, body butter, sleeping masks, manicure sets and magnetic notepads and all with the cutest little cupcake label. I HAD to buy some, there was no option, but I was very reasonable and only purchased the body butter, foot scrub glittery body lotion, magnetic notepad and the eye mask. Riding on my high from my $5 splurge I headed to Borders (cranky toddler and all) for my next treat...The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum.
While the lotions are nothing special (the body butter and the body lotion are the same thing and both are watered down) I am in love with my eye mask. I do not wear it to sleep as it has these little scented beads inside that press into your head but I do however, use it as a sort of headband/sweatband which I'm sure looks totally ridiculous, but I don't care, I LOVE it! I'm also in love with The Cake Bible. It has been keeping me up nights since I bought it 2 days ago. I can't get enough of it...page after page of recipes, complete with explanations of why and how it all works...it's fabulous and will be a treasured part of my collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute! You should buy an extra set for a bloggie giveaway at some point.