Saturday, August 23, 2008

Closed kitchens and cupcake logos



What is this you ask? Why, that's my kitchen in the early stages of a minor remodel. We took down some cabinets and a soffit and now we're removing the soffit on the other side and then texturing the walls and painting. I'm super excited to be finally getting this done; however, I have some buttermilk in the fridge about to expire and I can't bake so I'm totally stir crazy!! So what does a baking addict do when she can't bake....yep, that's right I browse all the other wonderful baking blogs out there. On Cupcakes take the cake, they featured "10 Cupcake Bakery Logos We Love" (check them out super cute, and wonderful blog for those addicted to cupcakes like myself). Well, I too have a cupcake logo. One of my many dreams is to own my own bakery, and with latest craze being cupcakes, I took the plunge and had a logo created...


I know, pretty fabulous huh. A found a wonderful artist, LaFoi on DeviantArt, who created this for me. I just love it, I can picture it in the front window of a bakery with pretty cake plates staked up with delicious cupcakes, cookies and cakes behind it to make the mouths of passers-by water, convincing them they must step inside and try one of my tasty treats. Upon trying a single bite they would become helplessly addicted therefor forced to swing by daily for their "sugar fix" continuing to be seduced by the sweet smell of sugar wafting in from the open kitchen....oh, I'm sorry, got a little carried away there for a minute ( I told you it was a dream didn't I). Anyway, I love my logo and hopefully, one day, I will be able to put her to good use!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Nicole - Your Logo is FAB! I KNOW you can open a bakery... just DO IT, I know it will be successful!!!

Tricia Rennea (sometimes Daisy) said...

Very sweet logo!

Anonymous said...

Love the newspaper motiff you have in your kitchen...Is that an original? Isn't home remodeling GRAND??!! Sending pats on the back to your hubby!

Leslie said...

LOVE THE LOGO! I saw it at my sisters house along with your extensive list of goodies you offer!!! AWESOME!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
That whole Blog Fight is one big mess!!!! Who knew people could be soooo mean!

Leslie said...

Oh one more thing..was the logo easy to get..was it $$$$ Did you just contact that website, tell them what you were looking for and they came up with it for you?

Koekkener said...

Great blog article. Its so nice, thank you for sharing.