Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Ahhh, a new year. I love the beginning of a new year. It's like a new car when it still has that "new car smell", still all pretty, hasn't been dented yet or had coffee spilled all over it. This is how I feel about the beginning of a new year...I haven't had time yet to blow my resolutions, I have a whole year to accomplish whatever it is I plan on getting done, and it also means that December is over. While I do love the holidays, December is a particularly busy month in my family. We have 5 family birthday's all in December, that combined with the traditional Christmas baking and the holiday parties leaves me with little time for anything else. So to officially put a close on 2008 I wanted to post the pictures of some of the baking I have been doing (I was sooo busy I didn't even snap pictures of some of the stuff) I hope the new year brings you happiness :) Thanks to those who have stopped by to check out my blog, offered words of encouragement, or just passed through. I plan to continue baking and sharing my stories of such with you in 2009!

My Grandma's birthday cake - Devil's food with raspberry filling and raspberry buttercream and buttercream roses (it was a little messy but she loved it)


























My birthday cupcakes - Devil's food with raspberry buttercream and devil's food with coconut buttercream and then topped with mini chocolate chips, coconut and chopped roasted almonds (HEAVENLY!!)




Cupcake tower I did for a little girl's dress-up themed 4th birthday party. It was a 6 inch devil's food cake and mini-cupcakes and yellow buttercake cupcakes iced with pink and white buttercream.




My mom's dessert party


Devil's Food cake with coconut buttercream, toasted almonds and coconut.


Yellow Butter Cake with raspberry whipped cream filling and lemon buttercream icing paired with yellow butter mini-cupcakes with raspberry buttercream or lemon buttercream.


Some traditional Christmas cookies

Almond Crescents or Christmas Trees


Russian Teacakes or Snowballs


Two-bite brownies with peanut-butter buttercream and mini-chips

And last but not least my mom's birthday cake and her request. Chocolate Devil's food cake with raspberry buttercream.






Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were busy, busy last month. Thanks for the refreshing perspective you managed to put on the new year! Kiss nugget for her birthday for me ~ be it the 5th or the 15th. Love you bunches! Keep on bloggin'