Monday, October 27, 2008

Errands Make Me Batty

So in my effort to watch my spending I choose to shop at Wal-Mart today rather than Target. I know Wal-Mart has better prices on some of the household staples I use and I don't caught up in all the "cuteness" like I do when I shop at Target. However, every flippin' time I go (okay maybe 7 out of 10) I manage to come home without at least one of the items I purchased. So regardless of what I saved by shopping there (and supporting China) and using coupons I've been screwed because now I either have to just cut my losses (a bag of snickers) or I have to waste my time and gas and energy to go back up there to get my stuff. This just pisses me off. I don't know how ya'lls Wal-Marts work but in less I stand there and bag my own stuff something always gets left behind. I blame it on the dumb turnstile bagging mechanism they use. They just bag then turn, bag then turn and one of my bags always gets stuck on the backside next to the cashier who is never paying attention. Let me give you an example...I was purchasing a big ass bag of cat food today that I loaded into the cart rather then on the bottom so that the cashier would see it and would be able to reach her little scanner thing over the counter and ring it up, rather than one of us having to lug the thing onto the counter to be scanned...do you think she noticed it in my cart? NOPE, I could have walked right out with it, but I'm not that lady so I was honest and told her she forgot to ring it...how do they thank me for my honesty...by keeping my bag of snickers...which happened to be the best bag of Halloween candy I bought and due to my angered state could really be helpful at this moment.

Wait it gets better. After leaving Wal-Mart I went across the street to get a shirt I saw in their Sunday flyer. I made it past the dollar spot (should be called the $20 spot) easily found the shirt, grabbed it in two sizes so my hubby could decide which one fit best (it's for him, I don't depend on him to tell me if my cloths fit...). I quickly headed to the checkouts managing to divert my daughter's attention away from the toy aisle (I told her our cart didn't have any breaks!) checked out and headed home. I pulled the shirts out of the bag to show my husband and not one but both of the white button down shirts have black grease stains on them! AHHHHH, I so do not have time for this. I've been trying to buy all three of us white button down shirts to wear for our upcoming family pics. You'd think that was an easy task...and for some of you perhaps it would be, but not for me, not this time. I tried Old Navy...apparently to fit into a small you must be invisible...I'm 5'3", 112 lbs. and I couldn't even button the shirt...not to mention that it was barely long enough to cover the top of my jeans and we all know the style for shirts these days is to the hips. So now, I have to go back to Target, which I was gonna have to do regardless of the stains since I bought two shirts, but now I have to hope they have an un-stained one in the correct size, I'm calling it a lose on the snickers, I have to take everything I bought from Old Navy back, and I also have a bag of stuff to go back to Steinmart because the white shirt I bought for my hubby there wasn't one he liked...sigh...I ran all these errands and in the process created a whole new list of them to run. I suppose I should just be thankful that I don't work outside the home and am able to run these errands during the week when the stores are a little less crowded...and maybe if I had a snickers bar to eat I wouldn't be so bent out of shape...you just don't mess with sugar addicts candy I tell you. I'm going to lay in bed and watch Oprah..ohhh, or maybe Maury...his pathetic guests always make me feel like I'm livin' a dream (LOL)!


NOTE: After I sat here and typed this rant I got up to go watch Oprah, I headed to the kitchen to get a snack...I opened the freezer and there was the missing bag of snickers. Now I happen to think this is hilarious...my 3 year old put them there because in her words "snickers need to be cold". Ahhh, my crazy life...you still should not mess with my candy! But apologies to the cashier I blamed my lost bag of snickers on...today my cashier actually did her job correctly. If only I could go look at my white shirts and see that the grease stains were just spots I was seeing from low blood sugar brought on by my "missing" bag of snickers...I desearve a snickers so I'm off to get one before they go missing again. Is it a full moon?? I'm batty I tell you...batty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD! I am seriously laughing my ass off at you right now. I could totally hear you in my head as I read your rant. I do really hate those bagging carousels at Wal-Mart,too. I swear the same damn thing happened to me the other day. I could have SWORN I bought face cleanser and I was totally freaking out because I thought I would have to go ALL the way back to the NPR Wal-Mart, which I so did not have time to do. I was cussing up a storm until I looked at the receipt and realized I NEVER paid for the dog gone thing! LOL Yeah, I guess I was having a low blood sugar moment too. Toss me a snickers, would ya?

Anonymous said...

So funny...they were in the freezer! LOL